Lisa Andrews, Ph.D
Dr. Lisa Andrews has over 20 years of experience in professional career coaching and career development. She began her career in higher education, managing career services operations at a variety of colleges and universities. Later, she managed a career center for a non-profit in the finance industry. Currently, she is a private career coach at Look Forward Career Coaching, a company she founded in 2016. She has successfully coached thousands of individuals, including high school students, college students, veterans and their spouses, return-to-work mothers, and others seeking to advance in their careers.
Dr. Andrews utilizes a collaborative, positive, and forward thinking style. She guides the client in discovering their unique abilities, values, and passion for their lives. Her goal with each client is to assist them in making career choices informed by information, while taking into account the lifestyle the client wants to live. She focuses on the total person, seeking to guide the client to a career that satisfies all areas of their life. Her first question to clients is: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Dr. Andrews holds a B.S. degree in Psychology from Elizabethtown College, a M.S. in Counseling & Human Relations from Villanova University, and a Ph.D. in Higher Education from the University of Arizona. She holds a certification in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory. She also employs card sorts to help clarify a client's goals and dreams.
Dr. Andrews' expertise areas include self-exploration and discovery, resume and cover letter construction, job search strategies, interview preparation, salary negotiation, personal branding, social media, business dinner etiquette, and networking. Many of Dr. Andrews' clients report that before meeting with her, they have many fears and uncertainties with regard to their job search and career discovery process. After meeting with her, they feel much more confident in knowing who they are and where they want to go with their career journey.
Order Online below.
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career