Greystar is a market leading, vertically integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, construction and property management of multifamily properties globally.
Ranked by the National Multifamily Housing Council as the largest developer, our organization has a deep and established portfolio throughout the United States, and we are continuing to rapidly grow. Greystar's development division has sponsored $30B+ multifamily projects to date, and has an expanding portfolio of multifamily, life science, single family rental and logistics projects.
Our employees are key to the success of our business with exceptional service at the heart of everything we do. This level of service is a result of their expertise, a solid understanding of the markets they operate in and a passion to provide outstanding experiences to investors, residents and property owners.
The Director, Development supports the execution of the Company's development platform by managing the development processes including completing initial land acquisition due diligence, facilitating the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions and managing third party consultants through the project design and construction process.
- Manages the due diligence process on land opportunities, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Prepares detailed investment memorandums providing insight on the proposed projects for submission to the Company's Investment Committee including detailed pro-forma and financial models and pursuit cost budgets.
- Supports the negotiation of sale and purchase agreements for approved projects.
- Directs third party relationships to complete project design concept and building plans in accordance to approved scope of work.
- Manages relationships with the construction team to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines. Works with the team to ensure the development and coordination of quality control procedures. Ensures all required Certificate of Occupancy and permits are obtained.
- Maintains on-going communications with the executive team, equity partners, and other key business leaders affiliated with the project to provide periodic updates on the progress against schedule and budgets, surfaces and resolves issues that may compromise the project delivery schedule or costs, and responds quickly and with urgency to questions, concerns, and requests for information.
- Works closely with the property management team to finalize budgets and project design plans, accepts units from construction on behalf of Owner and ensures all aspects of the project adhere to Company development standards.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, real estate owners, and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to proposed development projects.
- Hybrid working model
- Explore and pursue the latest trends to shape the future of real estate
- Meet our newest recruits from across the world at Greystar's annual conference held at our global headquarters in Charleston
- Internal networking and mentorship opportunities through platforms such as our Women's Inclusion Network (WIN)
- Join a diverse, fully integrated organization that is structured to thrive throughout all economic and real estate cycles
Our focus on people, genuine relationships, and shared values has created a unique and defining culture. If you're looking for a career that values dedication, collaboration, and integrity, we are looking for you!
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.