Norfolk State University, a NCAA Division I institution, is seeking applicants for the Athletics Business Manager. This candidate will assist with the management of the Department of Athletics’ budget, procurement of goods and services, travel, and other business related operations. The position will report to the Assistant Athletics Director.
The candidate will work in conjunction with the Assistant Athletics Director with all business related matters to include but are not limited to: budget development; managing contractual services, supplies, continuous charges, recoveries, and equipment budgets for all departmental auxiliary accounts. Managing team and individual travel; data entry and reconciliation for all travel related expenditures in all departmental accounts; state and foundation deposits and reconciliations; procurement of goods and services; purchasing, and travel card management and reconciliations; maintaining the business office policy and procedures manual; assist with monthly, quarterly and yearly budget reports; assist with game operations; and assist with the preparation of all financial reports. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure compliance with Federal, Commonwealth of Virginia, University, NCAA and MEAC rules, regulations and policies. Athletics travel may be required.
EEO STATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
1. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree
2. Educational or hands on experience related to financial management and/or accounting
3. Minimum two years’ experience working in an accounting/business operations role
4. Excellent oral and written communication
1. Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
2. Experience in financial management or accounting in higher education
3. Experience in managing team/individual travel
4. Experience in procurement card management
5. Familiarity with Colleague Financials and EVA
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with credentials and experience.
Internal Number: FP013
About Norfolk State University
Norfolk State University, Department of Athletics, 700 Park Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23504