Position Title: SharePoint Analyst (IT Associate, Level 2 - Provisional) – Office of Information Technology Job ID: 20513 Compensation: $73,609 Closing Date: Open until filled with review of applications to begin on May 14, 2019
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Graduate Center, CUNY is the focal point for advanced teaching and research at The City University of New York (CUNY), the nation's largest urban public university. With over 35 doctoral and master’s programs of the highest caliber, the Graduate Center fosters pioneering research and scholarship in the arts and sciences and prepares students for careers in universities and the private, nonprofit, and government sectors. The Graduate Center’s commitment to research and scholarship for the public good is exemplified by its more than 30 centers, institutes, and initiatives, including its Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), a 200,000 square-foot facility in upper Manhattan, designed to promote collaboration among scientists in five areas of global research and innovation: nanoscience, photonics, structural biology, neuroscience, and environmental sciences.
The Graduate Center (GC) benefits from highly ambitious and diverse students and alumni—who in turn teach hundreds of thousands of undergraduates every year. Through its public programs, the Graduate Center enhances New York City’s intellectual and cultural life.
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for media, voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of System Services, the SharePoint Analyst will bridge business processes and technology for the GC and our on premise SharePoint Farm. This position is responsible for and not limited to promoting user adoption; working faculty and staff to determine needs and requirements; working directly with SharePoint, .Net developers or SharePoint admins to implement user requirements; ensuring best practice and operational processes are in place and adhered to; providing technical analysis on business projects; driving efficiencies through optimization and automation.
The SharePoint Analyst works closely the SharePoint Admin, collaborating on solutions, executing visions and plans and providing the Admin with support as needed. They will ensure that the needs of the users are identified, and that SharePoint continues to deliver value.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates and supports the endeavors of the SharePoint Admin to ensure that SharePoint is properly utilized, maintained, configured and secured; - Ensures all users have the appropriate support to use the SharePoint deployment to its potential; - Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats; provide (automated) solutions that are sustainable, well written, tested and documented; - Assists in configuring and supporting all add-in and third-party products and services related to SharePoint; - Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project teams between IT and other departments; - Improves organization, navigation and presentation of new and existing SharePoint pages by studying current practices and designing modifications; - Trains and supports the GC’s users in their day-to-day involvement in SharePoint sites; - Maintains up-to-date documentation on systems and processes; and - Performs other duties as assigned.
I.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
A preferred candidate should have: - Experience working with SharePoint 2016 On-Prem (2019 is a plus) and Nintex. - Understanding and proven experience using OOB features in SharePoint. - Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills and techniques in SharePoint (people and technical). - Knowledge of PowerShell in relation to SharePoint. - Experience developing and delivering training. - Strong communication and interpersonal skills to translate needs of clients to executable designs. - Strong organizational and time-management skills. - Project management experience.
Click on "Apply Now" which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, organization, phone number, and email). Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format as one file.
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 20513.
Equal Employment Opportunity: CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.