In order to be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experience conducting or assisting with conducting
Well qualified applicants will also have a substantial amount of experience in a combination of the following:
- Expert knowledge or certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, with special emphasis on the integrated Framework of Internal Control published by
- Current knowledge of and application skills with external assessment standards: Audits of Internal Control over Financial Reporting and SAS (Statement of Auditing Standards).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Technical skills in data extraction from multiple and un-integrated datasets, analysis, statistical inference, sample and in synthesizing information to draw
- Knowledge of IT Systems and experience in auditing IT
Conditions of Employment: These are full-time, academic staff positions. The Auditor title is assigned to Salary Range UWS 5 (currently $48,333 - $72,499). The Senior Auditor is assigned to Salary Range UWS 6 (currently $55,406-$83,108). Salary will be commensurate with the candidates’ qualifications and experience. UW System employees receive an excellent benefit package: Summary - Faculty, Academic Staff & Limited. Please see this link for total compensation information: UW System Total Compensation Estimator. Special Note: The UW System conducts criminal background checks for final candidate(s).
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by Thursday, May 4, 2017; however, applications may be accepted until the positions are filled.
To Apply submit the following electronically: (1) a cover letter specifically addressing how your education and experience relate to the position and qualifications described above, with an emphasis on the areas outlined under Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications; (2) a comprehensive resumé; (3) the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for a minimum of three supervisory references’. Your application materials also need to include a statement of whether you wish to have your application held in confidence or made available to the public upon request. Please note that in the absence of any statement regarding confidentiality, we will assume you do not wish to have your application held in confidence. (The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).)
These documents are to be uploaded electronically as a single PDF file in the “Upload a New Resume” section of the online application process. You will then NOT be submitting individual documents in the “Add Attachment” or “Add References” sections of the process. Applications should be completed online here.
Questions may be addressed to: Lori Fuller, Senior HR Manager, Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity, at email@example.com or at (608) 263-0847.
The University of Wisconsin System Administration is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, and person with disabilities.