Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, provides world-class asset management for institutions and individuals. The firm's structure, with distinct and highly focused investment teams, allows for a style-specific research effort tailored for each asset class and a deep understanding of researched companies.
The investment objective of Delaware Investments Global Value Fund (Fund) is to aim to achieve long-term capital appreciation. The Fund primarily invests in U.S. and non-U.S. companies, which may include companies located or operating in established or emerging countries. While the Fund may purchase securities in any country, it will primarily invest in countries in developed markets. The Fund may invest in companies of any size, but will generally invest in mid- and large-sized companies.
The team is seeking to hire an Equity Analyst. The successful candidate will join a high-performing investment team in Boston, Massachusetts. This Analyst will be a key member of the equity team and will be responsible for fundamental research on global and international companies, and for making recommendations to support the investment strategy of our international and global equity portfolios. The team uses a disciplined, value-oriented research approach aimed at identifying undervalued securities of fundamentally strong companies which represent outstanding investment opportunities.
The investment process is highly disciplined, research intensive and risk-informed. The highly collaborative team is composed of global generalists, including a lead portfolio manager, three senior analysts and an investment specialist. Portfolios are constructed bottom-up, company by company.
The Analyst's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking fundamental financial and strategic research on international companies.
- Analyzing global industries, and the economic and strategic trends that drive returns in them.
- Building and maintaining models in order to forecast corporate earnings, cash flow, and balance sheet characteristics, and determine target prices and future enterprise values.
- Assisting in client service and asset growth through participation in marketing and client presentations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an MBA or CFA, or a business-oriented BS or BA from a top university, with an exceptional grade point average
- Have 5 to 8 years of investment experience, primarily value-core
- Have employment experience involving equity analysis, and/or other evidence of a strong orientation toward company and industry analysis
- Have strong communication, numerical, and analytical ability (advanced computer skills are a plus, but not required)
- Have a very strong desire to undertake international and global business analysis (experience working in countries outside the USA and languages other than English are a plus, but not required)
- Be a global generalist with a value-driven approach
- Have a strong team orientation, and be willing to be collaborative, take guidance from other team members and share insights. Candidate will be able to adapt his/her analysis to specified formats, templates, styles and firm deadlines.
Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, refers to Delaware Management Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Macquarie Group refers to Macquarie Group Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.