Reporting directly to the Manager of Corporate/North American Internal Audit, the Lead Auditor is responsible for working closely with the Manager to adequately plan audits, lead the daily execution of fieldwork and lead the development of the final audit report. Additionally, the Lead Auditor will delegate, review, and oversee the work of staff Auditors as needed.
- Lead the execution of the project level risk assessment to confirm scope, testing methodology, audit program and budget for Manager's approval.
- Lead staff auditors in the execution of internal audit fieldwork.
- Review staff auditor work and ensure audit work is properly supported in TeamMate.
- Prepare and vet audit issues with internal audit stakeholders then lead the development of internal audit reports.
- Coordinate internal audit activities with the external auditor to increase efficiency and streamline audit impact on stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written) with different levels of management.
- Analytical & computer skills including Windows operating systems & MS Office application software & TeamMate.
- Planning, organizational & interpersonal skills to efficiently & effectively execute the audit plan.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Ability to identify & address risk within more complex systems.
- Five to eight years of work experience
- Auditing work experience with exposure to both finance and operations is preferred; however, prior non-audit experience in a business/operational role with a large multi-national organization may be deemed adequate.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with a concentration in accounting, business administration or finance is preferred although equivalent experience in business operations would also be considered.
- Professional designation of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law - click here for more information