- Bachelor's degree and three years' professional fundraising experience with demonstrated ability to promote and successfully solicit major gifts; or related experience in marketing, sales, public relations, financial advisement, or related field with emphasis on relationship cultivation of individuals/businesses.
- Ability to work in highly accountable and fast-paced environment and maintain a strong sense of urgency coupled with demonstrated success in management of multiple priorities
- Demonstrated success in working independently but also collaboratively in a team setting
- Solid relationship-building skills with a diverse constituency of donors, faculty, strategic partners, volunteers and UMF staff.
- Proficient in the use of PC software, such as Microsoft Office, and current technology
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong commitment to a major, land grant/research university in an urban environment.
- Five years' professional fundraising experience, with demonstrated ability to successfully solicit major gifts; or related experience in marketing, sales, public relations, financial advisement, or related field with emphasis on relationship cultivation of individuals/businsses for consideration at the Sr. Major Gift Officer (97173b) level.
- J.D. and legal practice experience.
- Experience in fundraising and development in a college or university setting.
- Campaign fundraising experience.
- Familiarity with the legal community.
- Affinity for legal education and higher education in Minnesota.
How To Apply
Before applying, please contact David Jensen by phone at 612-625-2060.
This position is open until filled. Candidates, including people of color and women, are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will only be accepted through the University of Minnesota online employment system and only complete applications will be considered. A complete application consists of a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references who will not be contacted without prior notice.
You may find the job posting at this address: http://z.umn.edu/1dvu There, you will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.