Key Skills: Java8, Python (NumPy, SciPy), SQL, AWS, Object-Oriented Design, Software Architecture, Computer Science, Thought Leader, Multithreading, Latency, Big Data, Equity, FX, Futures, Options, Commodities, Start-up, Messaging, C++
A rapidly growing FinTech start-up in Manhattan is looking to make a business-critical hire within their 20-man engineering team. Given the growth and success of the firm in the past 2 years, they now have a need for a hands-on Team Lead with an extensive background in impressive software engineering whether it be from within financial services or not. Ultimately, while spending 50% of your time coding and adding creative value to the team, the rest of your time will be spent operating as a thought leader for the group. You will play a key role in the strategic direction of the technology and be responsible for building next generation software used by some of the most sophisticated hedge funds in the world. Moreover, you will be responsible for architecting solutions to support new technical and business initiatives.
Given your role as a thought leader; it is imperative to possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills so as to outline how the team is going to reduce the complexity within the layers of technology and data used, for instance. You must have an extensive development background in Java and ideally in-depth knowledge of Python as you will lead from the front in key programming initiatives where a lot of the technology has yet to be built.
Team Lead – Software Engineering (Java/Python) Key Responsibilities:
- Build next generation software used by the firms' core hedge fund clients
- Architect solutions to support new technical and business initiatives
- Spend 50% of time coding and leading from the front in Greenfield technology projects
- Act as thought leader to engineering team and play key role in strategic direction of technology
- Reduce complexity within layers of infrastructure and data
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the business and remote personnel
Team Lead – Software Engineering (Java/Python) Key Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience; ideally using Java and/or Python
- Familiarity with AWS and other modern cloud-based tools
- Breadth of knowledge in computer science fundamentals; from undergrad to guru
- Extensive knowledge of server-side systems and relational databases
- Minimum of Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Written & verbal communication
- Any financial knowledge is a plus but absolutely not a prerequisite. Failed start-ups are appealing!
My client is financially backed by a couple of the world's leading hedge funds and they're product is directly aimed to remedy some of the post-trade issues the buy-side world has. They see themselves as a technology company first and foremost and so this is truly a role for someone who would prefer to have a larger impact at a firm where there is lots to achieve over the next few years and beyond, more so than say a Google or Facebook. Compensation range is flexible for the right candidate so should the details of the role pique your interest please send your resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or call 6646-759-5602
The Mission of the American Business Women's Association is to
bring together businesswomen of diverse occupations and to provide
opportunities for them to help themselves and others grow personally
and professionally through leadership, education, networking support,
and national recognition.