Assistant Vice President-Academic Technology & Customer Services
Requisition Number: STFR003509
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University's Information Technology Services (ITS) division is seeking a talented leader to fill the position of Assistant Vice President (AVP) for Academic Technology and Customer Services.
The Assistant Vice President Academic Technology and Customer Services will:
- Lead Northeastern University Information Technology Services Academic Technology and Customer Services department with a focus on fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, accountability and achievement.
- Envision and execute upon the strategic direction, management, development, implementation, and evaluation of all core academic technology platforms and technologies that support teaching and learning.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight for the ITS Customer Services unit; ensuring comprehensive user support services across the University and regional and global campuses. The support services include development and delivery of centralized, integrated, end-user computing and information technology support to the University global community, including the ITS Help Line (call center), desktop services, audio visual support, student computing, lab and classroom technology support, Digital Media Commons, Info-Commons, printing support, residence hall network support services, and executive VIP support.
- Define and communicate the ITS vision focusing on Academic Technology Services and Customer Service supporting the service catalog and offerings ensuring that the Northeastern community understands the role of academic technology services and all support options provided by Customer Services.
- Market and communicate services while providing outstanding support, creating strategic partnerships, and fostering innovation that will further improve teaching, learning, and research technology at Northeastern University.
- Responsible for planning and oversight of Academic Technology Services and Customer Services operations, budgets, and personnel and talent management, staff development and ensuring a safe, pleasant and effective working environment.
As a key member of the ITS Leadership Team and one of three AVP positions reporting into the Vice President and Chief Information Technology Officer, this position will help formulate and assess the strategic direction of the Division.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The Assistant Vice President will be a consummate professional who embraces a team environment and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership, transparency, and fiscal responsibility. Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required. Master’s degree in a related technical/business area preferred.
- 12 to 15 years professional experience including a significant track record of accomplishment leading and managing people.
- Proven track record running an efficient, effective, metrics driven organization with a focus on delivering results and establishing a culture of accomplishment, collaboration, respect, and accountability.
- Current experience with communication, collaboration and media technologies.
- Experience supporting faculty and students within a higher educational environment is a plus.
- Possess a strong understanding of current and emerging technologies to advance collaboration, exploration and discovery across academic disciplines and significant experience leveraging these opportunities for practical and measurable gains in teaching and learning is essential.
- Ability to set and effectively communicate a vision for academic technology that is aligned with university priorities and skill at enlisting support and participation from members of the community is necessary for the development and maintenance of university-wide educational technology services.
- Strong communication skills including writing and presenting for a variety of audiences is essential.
- Candidates should have project management skills and familiarity with ITIL frameworks.
- Proven experience overseeing a broad portfolio of teaching and research support services that includes curricular technology development, and distance education support.
- Proven ability to manage through both leadership and measurement, ensuring delivery to customer service levels and commitments. Customer Is Always Right, service attitude and urgency with an ability to motivate and sustain that approach across a large team.
- An inclusive leader, with recognized skills in identifying and developing talent, as well as a commitment to making others successful.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency