Director of IT Audit
The University of Virginia seeks an innovative and forward-thinking IT Audit Director to primarily manage audits of the University's technology and data systems. The Audit Director will provide IT audit expertise to the Department in support of its mission to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The internal audit program is coordinated with the Auditor of Public Accounts and the Office of the State Inspector General, and must comply with the Institute of Internal Auditors' (IIA) standards for the professional practice of internal auditing.
The ideal candidate will be accomplished in developing comprehensive IT audit programs which includes assessing whether a computer system has been designed to maintain data integrity, safeguard assets, and dispense information to authorized parties as well as to help determine whether organizational goals are being achieved efficiently and resources used effectively. He/she will have positive sustained impact in complex environments, where collaboration and influence management are critical to success. He/she should have knowledge of information system operations, risks, and controls. Typically, he/she will have a track record that includes:
- Five to seven years of audit experience, with at least three years at a leadership level.
- Ability to identify enterprise wide risks providing sound recommendations to achieve business/educational goals.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted auditing standards and compliance with The Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) standards is required; knowledge of and ability to apply widely recognized IT frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO 27001, ITIL) is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing data analytics programs and capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communications in management guidance, policy documentation, audit reports, presentation of findings, and resolution of audit points. Proven ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of managing operations of audit departments. Holds employees accountable for results and drives overall effectiveness of institutional efforts.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards and standards of personal integrity. Exemplifies the University's mission, strategic aims, and programs.
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree in a related field preferred.
Special licenses, registration, or certification:
CPA, CIA, or CISA is preferred
To express interest in this opportunity, please prepare and upload a cover letter stating your interest in the position, along with a CV and three references, to https://jobs.virginia.edu and search posting number 0620241.
If nominating an individual for this opportunity, please include the nominee's contact information and send electronically to Susan Gaines at email@example.com.
The position will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.