Come for the career. Stay for the people you will serve.
At CarolinaEast, we’re creating a culture of excellence.
CarolinaEast Medical Center, located in picturesque New Bern, North Carolina is a 350 bed, full service facility housing a complete complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
CarolinaEast employees have a commitment to demonstrate respect, possess integrity, and show compassion in a safe environment that fosters teamwork, clear communication and lifelong learning.
Director of Materiel Management
New Bern, NC
The Director of Materiel Management is responsible for the management and control of supplies, services, and equipment from acquisition to disposition. They supervise, assign, and direct the activities of all management personnel performing functions in Materiel Management, Purchasing, Materiel Operations, and Shipping and receiving. They will negotiate prime supplier contracts with major suppliers and distributors, particularly Capital Equipment and services.
- Five years' experience in purchasing, inventory control, supply and distribution and related Management Information Systems in the medical center or industrial setting along with a baccalaureate degree in Business administration.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must have working knowledge and experience in the following areas: Logistics, Business Management, Business Math and Basic Personnel Administration. Fundamental management skills of planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and staffing along with excellent communication and negotiating skills required.
Visit jobs.carolinaeasthealth.com for more information about our available opportunities. EEO
CarolinaEast has received a prestigious Five Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We rank among the best 102 hospitals in the country – one of only four in North Carolina – and are the only hospital east of I-95 to receive this distinction!
- Women’s Choice Award: America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care
- US News and World Report High Performing Hospital in Geriatrics,
- Neurology/Neurosurgery & Pulmonology
- Business North Carolina Patient Pick’s Award
- Business North Carolina Top 25 Hospital
- Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery
- Carechex Top 100 in the Nation for Medical Excellence in Vascular Surgery
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Overall Hospital Care
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Overall Surgical Care
- Carechex Top 100 in the Nation for Patient Safety in Interventional Coronary Care
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Cardiac Care
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Certified Chest Pain Center
- American College of Cardiology ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award