Food and Agriculture Program Team Leader
University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension
The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension is seeking highly motivated, innovative and entrepreneurial candidates for the position of Food and Agriculture Program Team Leader. Under the direction of the Associate Director for Programs, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of Extension's Food and Agriculture educational programming, including comprehensive needs assessment and all aspects of program development, delivery, evaluation and annual impact reporting. The program team leader will work closely with Extension's leadership team, subject area teams, and campus and external partners to ensure that impactful research-based education is delivered to the people of New Hampshire. Other areas of responsibility and oversight include:
- Supervision and performance management for Food and Agriculture Area of Expertise chairs, state specialists, field specialists and state program coordinators, totaling 30 direct reports among the 36-person team;
- Programmatic involvement of under-served and under-represented audiences;
- Compliance with civil rights, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Affirmative Action (AA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) policies and procedures;
- Effective use of technologies in educational program delivery, interpersonal communication, marketing and dissemination of program impacts to university and external partners and stakeholders; and
- Budget management and oversight of the Food and Agriculture Program.
- Ph.D. or terminal degree preferred, with at least one degree in an agricultural science (plant, animal, soil, agricultural business management, farm food safety). A strong candidate with a Master's Degree in an agricultural science (see above) and extensive experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability designing, implementing, and evaluating strategic programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and supervising employees.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary for building substantive partnerships with state, regional and federal agencies and organizations.
UNH is an AA/EEO Employer. UNH is committed to excellence through the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages women and minorities to apply.