Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of a four person team at the firm that works with about 150 clients, you will provide:
- Client Service: Actively support clients under the Team Leader
- Financial Plan Creation: Based on a client's goals and circumstances, create financial plans that address questions such as at when a client can retire with financial security
- Investment Portfolio Creation: Review a client's current investments and objectives, give a client a picture of his or her current portfolio composition and within the firm's guidelines create a custom portfolio that the firm will manage
- Relationship Management: Help manage a number of the team's client relationships, advising clients under the firm's principal while being supported by other members of the team
- Specialization: Be a specialist and leader of a practice group working with one segment of clients
- Investment Coverage: Participate on the firm's investment committee and cover a segment of the investment universe
- Business Development: Build relationships, including with other professionals (e.g. Accountants and Attorneys) that lead to new clients for the firm
- Minimum of three years' experience in Wealth Management with a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- CFP/CFA or have passed the exam for the designation a strong plus
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited university with a high GPA
- Impressive standardized test scores
- Strong Financial Planning and Wealth Management interest, acumen and judgement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Organized and able to set priorities
- Of the highest integrity
- Maintain a "client-first" mentality
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive compensation based on industry standards
- Incentive Bonus
- Generous benefits, including: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), Up to $500. for a gym membership; Tuition reimbursement to a Financial Planning Program and Exam Fee, renewal of CFP and CFA designations, Membership to NAPFA
For consideration please email a resume in WORD and cover letter to: HGoldin@Altfest.com
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients' interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm's marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and traditional, yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.