- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Marketing (or comparable experience)
- At least 5 years of digital communication experience, ideally in a media or mission-driven setting, and covering areas such as website management and communications
- Basic knowledge of HTML; strong experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress
- Knowledge of email management platforms (prior Mailchimp and Wufoo experience preferred)
- Ability to effectively use graphic design software, e.g. Photoshop
- Demonstrated ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels
- Commitment to diversity throughout both internal and external communications
- Strong writing skills, ideally with experience writing for radio
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strongly deadline driven, top-notch multi-tasker
- Flexible and adaptive problem-solving abilities to suit a growing, changing organization
- Cultural competence, emotional maturity, and ability to work successfully with diverse groups
This position reports to the COO, and offers the right candidate a terrific, unique opportunity for representing AIR with the best and brightest media talent, and be in the front row of a fast growing non-profit start-up culture.
How to apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – MCM.” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.” In your cover letter, please tell us how you found out about this opportunity. Applications will be accepted until close of business on February 13th, 2017.
Compensation: This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package that commensurate with experience. AIR is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. AIR is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic organization and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.