Augsburg College invites applications for an Assistant Provost for Global Education and Experience, with a proposed start date of July 1, 2017. The College embraces a distinctive vision of global learning rooted in intercultural knowledge and competence, experiential learning, social justice, environmental stewardship, and critical thinking. Its Center for Global Education and Experience offers programs to Augsburg students as well as to students and groups from other institutions.
The Assistant Provost for Global Education and Experience will have demonstrated commitment to social justice pedagogy and the experience necessary to lead global education initiatives both at home and abroad. The Assistant Provost will partner with diverse faculty and staff in advancing a distinctive vision of global education that builds upon existing strengths while educating students for new and emerging realities. He or she will develop and lead new initiatives, partnerships, and programs in the College's current sites (Mexico, Central America, and southern Africa) and potentially expand programming to new locations as well. The Assistant Provost will also provide high-level leadership for the annual Nobel Peace Prize Forum in Minneapolis as well as other institutional initiatives that advance the College's mission.
The complexity and reach of Augsburg's off-campus programming (both national and international) requires demonstrated experience managing budgets and prioritizing resources, assessing student learning and program effectiveness, and leading in times of adaptive change. The Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) includes 10 staff in Minneapolis and 17 staff in global sites. Additional staff and faculty plan and manage the annual Nobel Peace Prize Forum (NPPF). The Assistant Provost will report directly to the Provost and Chief Academic Officer and will serve on the Academic Affairs Leadership Team.
Over the next 3-5 years, the new Assistant Provost will offer collaborative leadership for these and other initiatives:
1. Expand access to global learning experiences while considering the need for an inclusive, equitable and financially sustainable model of financial aid;
2. Expand faculty development and research opportunities related to global education;
3. Enhance curricular integration and assessment of intercultural knowledge and competence;
4. Integrate the NPPF, business/academic partnerships, and other global initiatives into the Center for Global Education and Experience;
5. Optimize CGEE's organizational structure to best meet Augsburg's strategic goals and to align with the college's policies and procedures;
6. Support net-revenue-positive program growth in global education;
7. Develop a budget model that includes funds for reinvestment into CGEE, working with the College Budget Office and others; and
8. Increase CGEE's national profile and enrollment in global sites programs.
Applicants are encouraged to highlight how their skills align with the above strategic priorities in their letters of application.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be submitted online by Friday, March 3, 2017 and must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and five (5) professional references. The search committee will continue to consider applications until the appointment is made. The anticipated start date for the position is July 1, 2017.
Augsburg College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. The College is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff; we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and members of other groups historically underrepresented in higher education. Successful candidates will have demonstrated abilities working in an academic community dedicated to intentional diversity. All candidates are encouraged to highlight skills and experiences that demonstrate these commitments and competencies.