The Global Internal Audit function at CBRE is led by the Senior Vice President and Chief Audit Executive who reports directly to the Chairman of the Audit & Finance Committee and administratively to General Counsel. This team continuously strives for world class service delivery. The function is responsible for performing annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on behalf of management, as well as providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services. Projects are risk-based (not recurring or checklist audits) covering a wide variety of business risks across financial, operational, technological, and strategic areas. The department is charged with building future leaders for CBRE, offers support for certifications and professional education, and operates with a flexible work schedule.
The Senior IT Internal Auditor is responsible for evaluating risks to the company and consulting with management to identify process improvements and operational efficiencies, all performed in accordance with professional standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews organizational data, policies, processes, procedures, and practices in order to verify the accuracy and compliance with management expectations, regulatory requirements, and overall best practice.
* Able to independently conduct a walk-through and demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes resulting in the creation or supervision of a process flow to review with the client.
* Performs complex audit testing verifying the effectiveness of established processes and procedures and verbally communicates and confirms audit findings/observations identified through detailed testing.
* Designs unique and complex audit programs that adequately address risk and compliance with Company standards and relevant regulations.
* Results of project work will be to draft formal, professionally written recommendations to executive management on organizational improvement opportunities.
* Able to compile the necessary information to prepare the first draft of a report.
* Individual workpapers and evidence of work performed are completed on time and are organized to fully support conclusions and findings.
* Successfully manages competing demands and is able to monitor that their individual work is delivered on time and within budgeted hours.
* Can evidence leadership capabilities to facilitate change in a constructive and collaborative manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Possesses strong understanding of technology controls and configurations for infrastructure, applications, and networking.
* Can demonstrate capabilities with data analytics, data mining tools, and database querying.
* Able to research and analyze new technologies to identify key controls and risks, and explain them to non-technical personnel.
* Stays current with new and emerging technologies.
* Possesses strong knowledge of internal and external control expectations for technology, IT control frameworks, and technology regulations.
* Has developed specialized skills in specific technologies (ex. SQL, vmWare, Active Directory, etc).
* Provide guidance to staff members on projects through knowledge sharing and assistance with task assignments.
* Provide assistance with planning audit assignments which can including scheduling planning meetings with clients and the assigning of tasks to team members.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, accounting, finance, or related field is required.
* 3+ years of years of relevant work experience are required with a minimum of two of the three total years of experience being in the area of Information Technology/ Information Security/ IT Auditing.
* Real estate and/ or Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) experience preferred.
* Position will sit in Dallas - must be willing to relocate
CERTIFICATED and/or LICENSES
* Professional certifications are preferred.
* Further advancement will require achieving one of the following: Master's Degree, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), or Six Sigma.
* As a service provider and internal advisor, is professional in appearance and interactions.
* This will include working with those whose first language may not be English.
* Has the ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
* Possesses strong public speaking / presentation skills and is comfortable leading opening and closing meetings, including explaining issues to Executives and handling constructive disagreements.
FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE * Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
* Is able to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Ability to work independently to complete tasks and assignments.
* Willingness and flexibility to travel (domestic and international) up to 20%.
* Proficient in Visio, PowerPoint, EXCEL, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge and proficiency in audit software is a plus.
SCOPE of RESPONSIBILITY
* Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve general results and deadlines.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans