Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
School/College: School of Business and Management
Department: Graduate and Professional Programs
Location: Azusa campus
Description: The School of Business and Management invites applications for a position as Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Programs. The Associate Dean works directly with the Dean of the School of Business and Management, and works collaboratively with department chairs on the main campus and business program directors at APU’s regional campuses. The Associate Dean has a significant role in ensuring the success of professional undergraduate and graduate business programs. This position involves participation in program assessment and instruction in undergraduate and graduate courses in business, along with maintaining an active research program and scholarly activities.
Specialization: This position is primarily administrative, but includes some teaching duties in business, and thus requires credentials appropriate for teaching in at least one of the functional areas of business such as accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, marketing, or management.
Responsibilities: The Associate Dean will provide leadership relating to graduate and professional undergraduate business programs, including
* New program development
* Scheduling of courses
* Recruitment of faculty members, including adjuncts
* Marketing and promotion
* Curriculum development
* Programmatic accreditation
* Assessment and program review
* Agreements with businesses, nonprofit, and governmental associations
* Student petitions and grievances
* Teach undergraduate and/or graduate business courses
* Expansion to additional regional campus locations
* Maintain an active research program and scholarly activities
* Participate in program, college, and university affairs
* Budget management: attend budget meetings, monitor monthly budget transactions, and facilitate financial transactions, purchase orders, and supply orders.
* Establish articulation agreements with local colleges and assist with the admission process for regional campus students
* May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
Level: Associate or Full Professor
* Candidates should possess an earned PhD in business or a DBA, preferably from an AACSB-accredited program
* Previous experience in academic administration at the program director or department chair level of higher is required
Experience: Excellence in university teaching and administration, a strong evangelical Christian commitment, experience in service to a university, and evidence of scholarly research and publications are expected.
Workload: 12-month contract, with load to be divided among associate dean duties and teaching duties.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled
At Azusa Pacific University we value and uphold God-honoring diversity. Diversity was not our idea, but God's. Therefore, we aim for an environment that respects and honors each individual's uniqueness while celebrating our collective commonalities. It is in this spirit that we continue important discourse on diversity, engage a variety of perspectives, and embrace active listening in a spirit of humility. We continue our efforts to recruit, hire, and support a diverse community in an effort to create a milieu that reflects the mosaic of God's kingdom.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.