As a COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST with the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago’s Early Childhood Services Department, you will be responsible for the design, coordination, and implementation of overall recruitment efforts of child care providers and support services for new family and center based child care providers in DuPage and Kane Counties. This person is contributing to the viability of parents being able to work outside of the home to provide for their families, knowing that their children are being well cared for by competent, highly qualified child care providers.
The Community Engagement Specialist is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting directly to the Manager of Child Care Resource and Referral Services, located at the YWCA’s West Suburban location, Patterson & McDaniel Family Center, 2055 W. Army Trail Road, Suite 140, Addison, IL 60101.
This is a compelling opportunity for someone who wants to fulfill on their purpose, make a meaningful difference for others, and join an enterprise that is transforming from a 140-year old social services agency to a 21st century, business-savvy social enterprise, dedicated to its mission of “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women.” All employees can count on a full range of generous benefits, along with a flexible schedule and leaders who are confident, authentic and agile in deciding and acting so that everyone is able to unleash their purpose and potential to fulfill on the YWCA’s vision and mission.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate the overall child care provider recruitment plan in DuPage and Kane Counties
- Analyze and leverage trends based on database statistics, community development material, and census data to increase the availability of child care in under-served communities
- Collaborate with external sources, including local and state IDHS and DCFS agencies, family child care and early childhood associations, to evaluate recruitment needs and assist in the development of programs to address those needs
- Administer and evaluate trainings for child care providers to enforce the importance of Early Learning
- Provide welcome visits to child care providers to explain the services of CCR&R and offer education and technical support relative to operating a child care business
- Direct and participate in community outreach activities
- Promote and market ExceleRate Illinois with providers and community, providing technical assistance as needed
- Partner with the CCR&R Manager and the Database Specialist to develop and execute marketing plans and track progress utilizing statistical data