Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Vendor Alliance Manager, Clinical Operations, gRED
The Vendor Alliance Manager will play a key role in managing relationships with gRED Clinical Operations vendors (CROs, Central Labs, IxRS, EDC, etc.) to support the successful implementation of gRED trials. In collaboration with the gRED Clinical Operations program and study management (all TAs), data analytics, process and training, and Procurement Liaison, this role will lead the analysis of operational capabilities and performance of vendors, help leadership define and implement sourcing strategies, and drive innovation. The Vendor Alliance Manager will also develop and implement best-in-class practices in all operational aspects of strategic sourcing.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in defining, developing and implementing functional sourcing strategies determined by leadership.
- Work with Clinical Operations leadership team to manage vendor portfolio strategy.
- Establish and maintain effective Vendor Governance Committees to ensure clear communication pathway for assigned vendors and internal teams.
- Accountable for identification and management of opportunities and issues that arise with these accounts, and proactively prevent issues from occurring.
- Proactively manage ongoing relationships with key partners (e.g. monitor vendors using fact-based assessment & metrics) to drive and develop industry’s best practice, innovation, quality, and inform future outsourcing decisions.
- Ensure cross-fertilization of vendor knowledge and best practices across operational groups, partner vendors, and across industry.
- Represent gRED Clinical Operations in cross-functional or cross-business unit vendor forums
- Effectively partner with other sourcing/vendor related functions, establishing and managing service level agreements and strategic and operational documents as appropriate.
- Provide operational input to the sponsor & vendor operational committees/teams as appropriate. Lead governance bodies, ensure regular governance meetings take place, and develop the agenda topics.
- Ensure that global Genentech / Roche relationships with vendors are leveraged and that potential conflict of interests/competition between early and late stage development, and between gRED and pRED are transparent and proactively addressed.
- Ensure partnerships are implemented according to ethical/regulatory/legal requirements. Partner with appropriate functions to ensure key management documents are in place (Master Services Agreement, Quality Agreements, etc.).
Who You Are
Education and Experience Required:
- Life Science degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of clinical development experience, preferably experience managing clinical trials, including outsourced clinical trials. Previous working experience in a senior operational role with or at a vendor is desirable.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Comprehensive clinical operations experience.
- Experience in project management of internal and external clinical study programs.
- Experience with external vendor collaborations including CROs.
- Experience in alliance management.
- Experience in negotiating complex contracts including performance-based terms.
- Relevant experience in Clinical Development.
- Strong negotiation skills and a proven ability to manage others through influence.
- Good understanding of contract management.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development across the development life cycle.
- A demonstrated background in developing, implementing, and managing outsourcing strategies.
- Ability to effectively partner, build trust and work with, and influence executive level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic planning and leadership skills & excellent business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently with a proactive, self-starter attitude.
- Highly effective and proactive verbal & written communication skills to ensure optimal level of engagement with all key stakeholders.
- Highly effective team player and interpersonal skills (globally, internally and externally).
- Strong customer focus.
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
No matter who you are or what role you play, you’ll help change the face of medicine and make a real difference in the lives of people facing the most challenging medical conditions. Plus, you’ll thrive in our one-of-a-kind culture, where diversity is celebrated, employees are valued for their contributions and we all serve as advocates for change who continually find ways to do things better.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply" button below.
Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has multiple medicines on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses.
Genentech is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Disability/Veteran
Apply Link: http://www.gene.com/careers/find-a-job/apply/3245035729?src=JB-11480