Department: Payroll Department
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Dec 02, '16
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
This position reports to the Assistant CFO and is responsible for the supervision of the College's payroll functions. The Director ensures the timely and accurate processing of a bi-weekly payroll by way of production, analysis, and reporting on behalf of the College. Also provides services to all full and part-time employees as it relates to policies/procedures and general inquiries.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of payroll including all workflow, staff responsibilities, scheduling, disbursements, issue resolution, report generation, and validating and reconciling payroll data to auditing, accounting and payroll specifications.
- With payroll staff, maintain proficiency in use of all Commonwealth applications and utilities as they relate to payroll system including but not limited to HRCMS, LCM, DocDirect, Information Warehouse, SSTA and other applications as developed and released by the Commonwealth.
- Oversees schedules, reconciliations and analyses for payroll accruals, payroll and fringe benefit expenditures, variations in payroll expense from year-to-year and other payroll related analysis associated with annual audits (i.e. financial and A-133) and/or special reports.
- Maintain and Monitor bi-weekly payroll for full-time employees, adjunct faculty, work-study, students, and contracted part-time employees.
- Prepare payment schedule from Adjunct Faculty Master List each semester and update Adjunct Faculty payment schedule with any revisions from Faculty & Instruction. Set up Adjunct Faculty bi-weekly payments in HR/CMS.
- Approve and prepare all manual (off cycle) Dyna Cash checks.
- Prepare and research data for union information requests.
- Review and evaluate payroll procedures, and recommend internal best practices for the College.
- Review and monitor payroll appropriations for allotments, transfers and insufficient funding.
- Serve as Security Officer for BHCC employees who utilize HRCMS, MMARS, and the Warehouse.
- Coordinate reporting with internal and external departments/agencies, including but not limited to the College's Business Office and Fiscal Affairs, the State Comptroller's Office, and external auditors.
- Train department supervisors and employees in payroll processes as it relates to Self Service Time and Attendance (SSTA).
- Review daily/weekly/monthly predictive reports for approval of payroll processing.
- Ensure accuracy of employee records via HRCMS and MMARS/LCM.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five to seven years of payroll experience, three of which should be at a supervisory level.
- Ability to understand, apply and explain the laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing payroll, the College, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Ability to produce accurate, detailed work and analyze complex or difficult payroll issues.
- Knowledge of payroll software such as PeopleSoft or ADP
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Experience with HRCMS and LCM
- Financial system experience dealing with data extraction, data processing and query or report development.
- Experience in Higher Education
- Master's Degree
Salary Range: $80,000.00-$85,000.00
This Position Will Remain Open Until Filled. To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By January 26, 2017.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.